Job Title: English as a Second Language Teacher.
- Creating weekly lesson plans for each class. Each teacher has an assistant teacher.
- Use of creativity and enthusiasm to create dynamic plans to engage students in their learning process.
- Book and worksheet corrections.
- Assist to teachers’ meetings twice a week.
Part time Job – Aprox. 32 Hours / Weeks.
- Mondays and Thursdays: 7:00 am – 1:45 pm.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 7:30 a.m. – 1:45 pm
- RD$ 28,000 dominican pesos/months.
- Bonus: RD$ 2,000 (This depends on the fulfillment of the responsibilities each month).
This is equal to approximately US$ 600.00/Month. Please keep in mind that the cost of living in the Dominican Republic is considerably lower than other countries. The average minimum salary is RD$ 9,500.00 pesos/months which is equal to approximately US$ 190.00 dollars/months. This salary is enough to support your basic living expenses after you arrive. You will need to bring additional funds to cover any major travel within the country.
Qualities that the candidates should have:
- Is always respectful to students and co-workers, both verbally and physically.
- Always Uses appropriate language and tone.
- Complies with the work schedule.
- Maintains the basic rules of personal care and hygiene.
- Good image (use of uniform provided by the school).
- Is responsible delivering his or her lesson plans on time.
- Knows how to use technology appropriately.
- Is creative.
- Knowledge of Technology. Use of projectors and computer programs.
Years of experience
No experience needed (the school will provide the necessary training and constant support to teachers).